Wednesday 24 June 2015

Drugstore Haul/First Impressions

I was rummaging around in my makeup bag hoping for blogpost inspiration when I realised I've actually got quite a lot of new drugstore bits knocking around in there and why not show you them today. On with the post!
I am always willing to try new Real Techniques brushes so was happy to pick this one up in Boots. I've used it a few times as a contour brush with a powder product but I think other people use it as a foundation brush. It's quite dense therefore it picks up a lot of product so it is quite easy to go over the top. However I think it's also really good at blending so you can blend out any accidental harsh lines you make. I'm enjoying it so far but am still getting used to it because I haven't contoured with anything other than my Real Techniques duo fibre contour brush for about a year.  
I'm really loving cream blushes at the moment so decided to try out this new Aqua Blush from Bourjois which comes in a little pump. I put a small blob on the back of my hand then use a stippling brush to apply a light layer to the apples of my cheeks and up my cheekbones. It leaves a really natural looking wash of colour but you can also build it up quite a lot. I've really been enjoying using this. 
I started by getting the light medium shade in this product which for a contouring product is quite warm and I don't know if it's because I'm used to the incredibly ashy Illamasqua Hollow Cream Pigment but I find it difficult to get away with it. I'd probably use this as more of a bronzer than a contour from now on. I decided to get the Medium Dark shade to see if it worked any better. I've only used this once so can't really give an impression on it but it looks much more cool toned so will hopefully work a bit better. (Also I don't use highlighter so I can't comment on that)
My sister uses this almost every day so I decided to pick it up too. I've used it once and I feel like it's quite difficult to use because you have to mix the foil with the liquid eye primer so it's not exactly a fuss free product but it is a gorgeous colour. It's called Rose Gold but I'd say it's more of a champagne shade with an amazing amount of shimmer. I think you can put too much on and that a thin layer is enough to create a beautiful look on the lid. Perfect for summer.
I love the normal version of this mascara and only got the waterproof version because the shop I was in had sold out of the normal one and I desperately needed a new one. It's just as good as the non-waterproof version. I had a very cry-y couple of days the recently and my mascara was miraculously fully intact. The rest of my makeup was not. 

That's all for today, thank you for stopping by! 
Lots of love, Annie xx

4 comments:

  1. The sculpting brush is one i really want to try! x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it could come in really handy for lots of things! You should give it a go :) xx

      Delete
  2. Great haul! I would love to know what you think of these products x
    OhjustAlice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll hopefully do more reviews when I've used them more :) Thanks! xx

      Delete