Tuesday 23 September 2014

My Favourite Plum Lipsticks

In case you hadn't gathered this I love my plum lipsticks. I'm sure plums probably aren't the best colour for my skin tone but whenever I put a berry stain close to my lips I instantly feel better about my face. So today I will be showing you my most worn plum lipsticks!
There are probably more plum lipsticks from the drugstore that I use on a regular basis but these were the first three that popped into my head. As you can see from the non-existent branding on the packaging, the Revlon Balm Stain is a long time love of mine. It's the most sheer but it can be built up. I also love the new Maybelline Color Drama Lipstick in Berry Much and you can read my review of it here. My least worn of the three is Black Cherry but it is gorgeous especially when patted into the lips. It's the most wine coloured of the three but probably looks the least like the colour in the tube.  
Having one of those days when you realise you have 3 lipsticks that are all identical to each other. Oops.
Okay, I'm not gonna lie, these three are ridiculously similar. However I only bought one of them myself and the other two were presents so all is forgiven. The YSL Rouge Volupte Shine lipstick, kindly given to me by my best friend Emily, is the most moisturising of the three. The packaging is pure luxury and it feels like velvet on the lips. Applied straight from the bullet, it's a little too slippery however if you apply it lightly then pat it into the lips its absolutely gorgeous. It also fades beautifully, leaving a gorgeous pink stain. MAC's Rebel is a bit of a cult classic and I would say MAC's most popular plum lipstick. It's a satin finish so isn't as glossy or shiny as the YSL one but it isn't drying either. This one also leaves a really nice colour behind. The Clinique Chubby Stick is similar to the YSL one because it needs to be applied very lightly to avoid unsightly lipstick on teeth.

Thanks so much for stopping by and sorry for the long, photo heavy post! Lots of love,

No comments:

Post a Comment