Sunday 17 August 2014

New York Haul: The Drugstores



 *coo this is the pigeon from the balcony coo*
It's here. The moment you've all been waiting for. The world has been awaiting this day with baited breath and its time for the big reveal. It's my New York Haul! And yes I am going to completely skip over the fact that I haven't blogged in about 3 weeks. On with the post!
I'd heard good things about this mascara before going to New York but I'm not totally bowled over.
Now this, I love! They are so nicely pigmented and it is literally so easy to use. If I have an early morning I can sleepily follow the instructions and still look as though I've put effort in. It's a win win sitch. 
These blushers are so highly pigmented it's 50 shades of cray. Not a day has gone by when I haven't gone overboard and had to try to rescue the situation with my foundation brush. However once they've calmed down a bit they are really lovely colours.
Maybelline Colour Tattoo Pure Pigments- Improper Copper (left) and Downtown Brown (right) - $6.79
These are the first shadows I have that are in a loose powder form. While some people might find that a bit of a faff, I actually find them to be a time saver. I tip some out into the lid and pile it all over my eyelid. Once blended I don't feel the need to add any other eyeshadow which is a massive plus.
Currently untested but I have heard really good things about this foundation.
I only bought one of these because it's so difficult when you can't test them and I didn't love the formula enough to go back and buy anymore. It's a touch too glossy for my liking. 
First of all, sorry for the cat tail at the bottom of the photo, I didn't spot it (somehow) until they were on the computer and by then I was too lazy to take another one. Secondly, these came out in the UK while I was away but I think I got them cheaper than I would do here. Sadly I have read some not so good reviews of these. I tried putting the pink one (LA Exclusive) on to dry lips and it was the most god awful thing I've ever put on my lips however the other two I actually really like, especially New York Scene (which I obviously had to buy). If you dab them on to moisturised lips they fair much better. 

That is all for part 1 of my New York haul. Tomorrow will be a Sephora and other high end bits haul so get excited and make sure to check back tomozipan. Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment