Monday 30 June 2014

Review: Topshop Sheer Lip in Red Alert



The red sheer lip obsession continues! For some reason I am really attracted to this kind of product when I see them in shops and I spotted this one whilst mooching around Topshop. 
The thing I like most about this lip balm is the coverage. It's called Sheer Lip but if you apply it with a slightly more heavy hand you can really get a good medium coverage in one swipe. It's great for when you feel like wearing a red lip but you don't want to go all the way with a highly pigmented lipstick. The texture of this lipbalm is really smooth and balmy (would you believe) and if I could describe the look it gives my lips in one word it would be 'juicy'. Even though I hate that word, there is no other way to describe it.
The colour of this is gorgeous as well. I'm desperately trying to detect any undertones in it but it's a true red in my opinion. There might be a little bit of a raspberry-ness to it but only when its more sheer. 
The only thing missing from this product is the longevity. Because of its balmy nature it doesn't last that long and it doesn't seem to leave any kind of stain behind which would have been a nice touch. But apart from that I love the colour and the moisturising texture. 
Juicy I tell you, juicy.
Thanks for stopping by and let me know if you've tried any of these Topshop lip balms in the comments!
Lots of love,

1 comment:

  1. I really love this product as well! It's perfect as an everyday lipstick because it isn't too bold.
    xx
    The Glam Unicorn | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete