Wednesday 4 June 2014

First Impressions: Barry M Cor Balmy Tinted Lip Balm in Currant Bun

Tinted Lip Balm

Hi all! Today I treated myself to the latest tinted lip balm to hit the drugstore shelves and it comes from Barry M. I'm not gonna lie I get really excited for tinted lip balms (when Baby Lips came to the UK oh man) and so when I saw these for a snip at just £3.49 I knew I wanted to do a first impressions post. Off I went to the nearest mirror I could find (in the toilets) and slapped it on. One is always a little nervous about what the colour payoff will be in a tinted lip balm but I'm pleased to report that this has a really nice pigmentation to it. With the first layer it leaves a subtle wash of colour but can really be built up to a more intense shade. In the picture I probably have about 2 layers on but it can be built up even more. I really like sheer plum colours because I think it's a great way to keep wearing plums and purples into Spring and Summer. There are 5 shades in the range and I'm excited to try out the red shade named Jam Jar. There are also 2 pinks and an orange shade which look nice but I'm set on the pink lipstick front for the time being and I don't think I suit orange.
In regards to the formula it feels the same as most good drugstore lip balms. Nice and moisturising due to it's moisturising core but not over the top so it's sliding around all over your face. So far I think I prefer the formula to the Baby Lips which I actually find a little bit drying. I've been sitting with this on my lips for about an hour now and it still feels fresh and balmy. They also smell like sweets, much like the Barry M lipglosses. This might not be everyone's cup of tea but I've got one hell of a sweet tooth so I don't mind. 
The packaging reminds me a lot of the Baby Lips packaging but I like the way the shade of the balm corresponds to the writing on the lid.
Overall I think this is a good solid lip balm and it was £3.49 well spent. 
I'm barmy for Cor Balmy! (cringe)
Thanks so much for reading, lots of love

No comments:

Post a Comment