Monday 2 June 2014

The Perfect Nude

julianne's nude

Hi everyone! I have another beauty related post today which seems to be all I'm doing lately. I am loving clothes still but I'm too lazy to go outside and take outfit photos and there's nowhere good in my house to take decent pictures soooooo another makeup post it is.

Today is all about my perfect nude ( no, not David Beckham ha ha good one me). When this line of lipsticks first came out I literally couldn't give two craps about them; I'm not the biggest fan of nudes and I didn't give them a second glance. However one day I was meandering around the good ship Boots and I got caught in Julianne's alluresphere. It was love at first swatch as the well known saying goes. 
I find this is the perfect 'my lips but better' shade especially for my skin tone because I'm pretty pale. It's one of those lipsticks that ties your whole makeup look together without it being obvious that you're wearing a lipstick. But it does look like you're wearing lipstick, ja feel? It's all very sophiste. 
The formula is moisturising and looks very balmy on the lips but it doesn't have any shimmer or glitter in it which I greatly approve of. I wouldn't say no to a matte version of this as well though as, naturally, that would make it longer wearing. I've heard a lot of people complain about the smell of this (parma violets apparently) and though it is there I feel like you stop getting whiffs of it after about 5 minutes of application and I don't find the smell unbearable like some people do. But maybe smell before you buy if you have the nose of a bloodhound. 
Have you tried any of the nude collection? Do you hate the smell? Let me know in the comments!
Lots of love,


No comments:

Post a Comment