Friday 23 May 2014

Red Lipstick: Sheer vs. Opaque


Today I'm going to be talking about two of my current favourite lip products. They are both reds however one is sheer and glossy while the other is opaque and matte so I figured I would pit them against each other and see which comes out on top. Ding ding.
 I bought this Clarins Limited Edition lip balm crayon because you got a free gift when you bought two things and my sister was buying the Clarins bronzer so all eyes turned to me. I decided to get this because my hunt for the perfect sheer red has been a long one and I was hoping I had reached the end of my quest. I love this because it's glossy without being shimmery and it feels so smooth on the lips. This kind of thing is good for work because I don't have to worry about my lips getting dry or getting it on my teeth or smudging or anything.  However I have to admit it's not very long wearing but I feel like that's to be expected with a formula that's so glossy. Another good thing about this product is that it's buildable and wearable for every occasion. 
Up next is the Bourjois Velvet Lipstick which is a verrryyy matte, veerrryyy bright red lip cream. I feel french with the stripes and the red lipstick. This colour and formula is perfect if you're in the mood for it. I would never wear this for work because I'd be so worried about it drying my lips out even though it doesn't when I wear it in the evening or during the day. It's the least drying matte lipstick I own which is amazing because my lips get dry pretty often. This product is incredibly long wearing. It doesn't come off on drinks cans or bottles when you drink and it stays put when you eat. The price is also a bit less vom inducing. 

Overall I think the Clarins crayon is the perfect sheer red for everyday wear and I think it perks up the face without being over the top however I love how the opaque red looks and I would love to be the kind of person who could wear reds like this on the daily. I crack this one out for nights out or when I'm at home alone (don't act like you don't do that too). 
Thanks for stopping by! Lots of love

4 comments:

  1. These are both gorgeous! You really suit them!
    Been wanting to get my hands on the Rouge Editions for ages, you may have just persuaded me!

    New followerrrr :)
    Sarah xx
    www.coloursofautumn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I really recommend them, especially Hot Pepper!
      Eek! Thank you, your blog is beautiful xx

      Delete
  2. Right so I need to go to Bourjois then; love the look hun; I found you through What Taylor Buys and I am now following you through bloglovin' hope you can follow back.
    Afeeyah xo

    New post ~ http://smilerrr.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/ootn-monochrome-with-pop-of-colour.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Thank you :)
      Thank you sweet, followed back :) x

      Delete