Monday 31 March 2014

March Favourites

My first favourite of the month is my new skincare routine which consists of these three new products (and bioderma beforehand). The first time I used these three in conjunction with each other I woke up the next morning like a new woman. My sister thought I had foundation on when she first saw me in the morning and that tells me that it's working for me. However I will say that the La Roche Posay moisturiser is too heavy for me in the mornings. 
I use this everyday without fail. It can give either a subtle or more extreme contour. I usually go somewhere in the middle as I don't have much cheekbone to speak of but I also don't want to go too over the top. It doesn't separate on the skin like some cream products so it gets brownie points from me.
When you spend your hard earned Boots points, there's always that worry that you'll get buyers remorse and regret wasting your points on such an undeserving product. But there has been no such problem with this. I particularly love the matte shades on the left and the shimmery shades for a more nighttime look. 
I've found a trick for wearing this lipstick. I read somewhere that using a cotton bud to smudge out the edges of your lipstick makes it much more subtle and wearable and this works perfectly with this lip colour. It makes a more unique pink work with every makeup look.
If you buy one thing that I talk about on this blog, let it be the Gum Treatment Oil. It's something like £2 from Home Bargains and it's a miracle worker and you need it. It can be used on wet or dry hair and let me tell you the first time I used this I walked 45 minutes to work and my hair was still as soft and straight as when I left the house. If you have damaged or dry or any kind of hair problem just try this and I don't think you'll be disappointed. And to give my hair a bit more volume this month, I've been using this texturising spray from Charles Worthington which has a lot of buzz around it at the moment. It really is very good at giving that matte look to your hair if that's the kind of thing you're after.

Thanks for stopping by!
 Lots of love

No comments:

Post a Comment