Friday 7 February 2014

My favourite..... EVERYDAY PINKS










L-R: L'Oreal Lovely Rose, Rimmel Pink Blush, Revlon Pink Pout, Topshop Beehive

It seems that since the beginning of my blog a whole 2 weeks ago, I've not stopped going on about everyday pinks. I'm not against darker or brighter colours at all, in fact I thought I wore a large range of lipsticks. But apparently I don't. So anyway, I thought I could do a post about my favourite everyday pink lipsticks and then we can put all this behind us and I will try and be more adventurous with my lip colours. I would just like to point out that these aren't ranked in any order, they're just ones I reach for often (also these are purely my favourite traditional lipsticks. I might do another post with my favourite lip crayons, lip laqcuers etc). And the best thing about these lipsticks is that they are all from the drugstore/drugstore prices! 

The first lipstick I am going to talk about is this L'Oreal Rouge Caresse lipstick in 03 which is called Lovely Rose. It's very shimmery and moisturising which isn't something I usually go for in a lipstick but I always find myself reaching for this because it seems to go with every makeup look and it's not too nude that it looks as though I'm not wearing any lipstick. 

Next is the Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick in Pink Blush. It's a similar colour to the L'Oreal one but it's much less shimmery yet it's not a matte finish. It's not the most moisturising but it's not uncomfortable on the lips either. This is one of those lipsticks that always finds it's way into my coat pocket.

The colour of the Revlon lipstick is a little bit different to the first two. It's definitely got more lilac in it but it's still really easy to wear while putting a different spin on the 'everyday pink'. It's a matte finish which I really like and I really need to get more from this line of lipsticks. 

The last lipstick I have to talk about is the Topshop lipstick in Beehive which is annoyingly now out of stock on the Topshop website. It's probably the nudest of the 4 shades in this post. It looks darker in the pictures than it is in real life but it's definitely not as baby or barbie pink as the others. It has a creamy finish which is perfectly situated between a matte and a shimmery finish. 

My life is a constant search for the perfect everyday pink so this list of favourites will continue to grow. Tell me your favourite everyday pink in the comments!


Thanks so much for reading!








No comments:

Post a Comment